This project is able to learn and answer questions using OpenCYC. It's fascinating. It can really answer questions using a vast database of common knowledge questions (for that was what CYC was intended to be). And yet, you can see immediately that the answerer is a machine, because it makes no difference between normal responses and totally farfetched ones.
Dec 23 14:19:04 <linas> lb:who is lincoln?
Dec 23 14:19:12 <lillybot> Abe Lincoln is a famous person. He is a thing that exists in time. He is a male person, who is a famous person. Abe Lincoln is a man. He is an ethnic Caucasian. He is an United States president, who is a historical figure. Abe Lincoln is an One of the presidents of the United States. He is a dead organism.
Funny. And yet it's not. Truly an eye-opener to me!
- Check this out
- 28-06-2009 28-06-2009 22:58 - Context as a state machine
- 23-06-2009 23-06-2009 14:07 - Procurios zoekt nieuwe developer
- 22-06-2009 22-06-2009 09:22 - Ternary trees
- 21-06-2009 21-06-2009 21:01 - Analysis of a context switch
- 20-06-2009 20-06-2009 16:07 - Interactionist dualism
- 19-06-2009 19-06-2009 23:20 - Articles about Procurios' semantic web implementation.
- 04-06-2009 04-06-2009 21:17 - vvvzeeland.nl
- 24-05-2009 24-05-2009 11:08 - Activity automation
- 17-05-2009 17-05-2009 22:05 - Agent architecture
- 16-05-2009 16-05-2009 16:37 - Great week for semantic web
- 16-05-2009 16-05-2009 16:17 - LillyBot
- 10-05-2009 10-05-2009 22:36 - Question space